Monday, April 5, 2010

tangetial

I try to live life like a movie; I think I'm cheating myself out of a lot of reality because of it.

I hate myself because I wish "To Be Alone With You" was about a girl and not God. Wholly.

"Well, the way I see it, if you're here for 4 more years or 4 more weeks, you're here right now... When you're somewhere, you outta be there. And when you go, is that place any better than it was when you got there?" - Northern Exposure

A friend and I have been considering going into some sort of ascetic lifestyle to figure out what's important in life. I don't think I can give up my music stuff. Even my shitty Casio. I've already named all my instruments; Gretchen, Icarus, Thurgood, the General, Mr. Saxophone, Sam(antha). My bike, would also be a shame to replace. If any of you have tried anything like this, let me know how it went.

this is my friend zany rockin' the turntables, a feat I had not seen in person before that night.


I got a little *buzzed (corrected from "drunk") for the first time ever this weekend (after almost 8 years of attending parties wherein I've been chided on a relentless basis to drink). It was ok. It was purely experimental. "The revolutionary is only as good as his analysis" as they say I suppose was my thinking. I had a whole bottle of Boone's Farm, 3 shots of Capt'n and half a glass of whiskey. A girl who I don't know spent the whole night fawning over me. It was kinda cool; that has never happened before.



I left the party, watched cowboy bebop while lying on my parent's couch (my bed during school breaks) and thrust my head back and forth while giggling silently because it felt funny. I don't think I was very drunk because I could walk relatively easily.

I made this for a record label I started with some friends that will never go anywhere:


r
e
c
o
g
n
i
z
e

No comments:

Post a Comment