Monday, December 14, 2009

give ME that Christian side-hug

This is either complete ironic brilliance or the most ridiculous attempt at reachin' the kids these days made by a religious organization ever (yes, I'm including Jesus Camp and those Halloween horror plays that churches put on where girls that drink once end up getting raped and die during child birth)

Ok, so I've been a Christian for most of my life; Lutheran to be exact. In high school through Freshman year of undergrad, I was what I called a theistic existentialist in that I believed in some sort of creator with ambiguous morals that could be found by looking at what makes evolutionary sense and what preserves the species (I typically found that love, trust and integrity kept the world going as well as hard work and respect). Currently, I'd call myself an optimistic agnostic but I still have a lot of respect for what intelligent believers have to offer. The West Borro Baptists, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and these guys... not so much.



I found this on HuffPost if you would like to read the hilarious commentary. Just search "Christian Side Hug." Hope you enjoy.

Still working on the new manifesto. Some deep shit happened today. My new friend went home to Altoona this morning and didn't tell us why. Her hall-mate told us her brother died last night. I can't really think about it right now so I wanted to share happy thoughts like ridiculous religious raps. Just as big a part of romanticism as the happy, beautiful sensations are the sad, grisly, chest-full-of-rocks feelings; it's about how you look at EVERYthing. I'll talk about it later. Enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment